One: Try Dart Em’ Up in North Austin for nerf gun fun
2. Visit the Thinkery in the Mueller District
3. Take them to go swim at Lake Travis
4. Rent a canoe or large kayak from The Boat Dock and paddle around town lake
5. Walk the Turkey Creek Trail off City Park Rd in West Austin (bring your dog!)
6. Explore the greenbelt trails leading to the pools and waterfalls that start in Lost Creek by the Country Club. (Hint: look for the secret trail on the other side of the river.) Tip: Bring water shoes–you’ll need to cross the river a few times. Idea: Make a map of the trails as you go. Idea #2: Record an adventurer’s audio log on your phone as you and listen to it later!
7. Hunt Pokemon on Pokemon Go at the Capital. That’s where the best hunting is.
8. Take bikes out to Circle C park in South Austin and ride around on the paths
9. Take a blanket and picnic to Zilker Park with a soccer ball or football and spend the morning!
10. Try Anna’s Toy Depot, an inexpensive, second-hand toy store in South Austin that’s fun to rummage around in, then head to Mr. Naturals for healthy treats!
Bonus tip: Try some of Austin’s great public libraries for readings, and looking up books by topic of interest, then seeking and finding them on the shelf.